Vanquished Fury
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Rules and New Members

3 posters

Go down

Guild Rules and New Members Empty Guild Rules and New Members

Post by malbek Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:10 pm

Yesterday, mmmm...a few hours ago....I was talking to Etch and I have some things to say about the guild recruitment. So I'll start describing them from my humble point of view.

1- I don't have access to write in the guild's officer section of this site, so I'll do it here.
- I'm not native english speaker, so orthographical corrections could be needed.

2- Guild Level is not growing
Our guild level doesn't grow much, and that's because we are few. Is this really a problem?
Well, no; but.....
- if we had more people, the guild level would grow faster.
- if we had a higher guild level, we could have access to other amenities, like I suggested yesterday: Bank, Mail, better Buffs and so on that's makes the guild more attractive to most players.
- With more people we can buy altogheter a bigger ship and the ammenities would be cheaper in terms of "per capita" monthly plat.

3- Selecting new players
Like every activity that involves human interaction, sometimes its very difficult to make everyone happy, so this dissapointment will "always happen".
And disappointment can be avoided at all or at least diminished if we state things "clearly" leaving least chance to a misunderstanding.
With "clear things everyone shouldn't be disappointed, at least not too much".

So I have 2 things to point here about "clear things":
- What type of guild/type of players are we? or want to be in the future?
- We need a clear recruitment proccess.

4- Type of Guild/Guild Rules
There are out there different guilds with different kinds of people.
- So is this right? -> "We are a group of DDO players that wants to enjoy and have fun with this game in the different ways it lets us play with a majority of Premium/VIP players".

- "enjoy/ have fun" means:
  - Play the game in a friendly mature way, be kind, polite, speak nicely to everyone, most of us are willing to give advice, so ask everything you don't know, also everyone makes mistakes from time to time, so try not to make them again and its fine.
  - Most of us have a fun time after "working hours/daily duties" here, sometimes its like a chat time with "the game guys" and no playing at all, so this is spirit or idea of this guild.
  - For males, remember we have girls here so take that into account when in groups about "cursing or offending words/expressions". This is not a pick-up group, there are other sites for that.
  - We don't want anyone that is not here to play: like selling things, services or other non-gaming related task.
  - Avoid anything that doesn't let this happen, so avoid:
     - anything about religion/politics or any other things that can open an argument that's not related to "enjoy this game".
     - overreacting to someone's fault for ruining a quest or whatever, that happens from time to time, and its natural.
     - Cursing someone is not allowed and it can cause to be dismissed from the guild.
  - Continual Improvement:
     - We like good players, great performances on: characters, normal groups and raiding groups, and this is a point we all like to see.
     - We want everyone to enjoy this game and be a better player overtime, so that's why we have some rules on gaming, like:
        - sharing loot items we don't need first with guildies then non-guildies.
        - sharing our builds if they're great.
        - help flagging characters for raids

- "different ways it lets us play" means:
  - That we should have different groups with different character requirements to play so everyone enjoys the game in different ways, for instance:

- "Power players group": A power player group with some rules like (as a suggestion):
        - Have at least 1 TR
        - be able to solo one difficult quest like "Devil Assault on Heroic Normal".
        - Have certain basic values for stats, DC, Hit points, DPS depending on the character class.

- "TR group": A group that has to be coordinated before starting, so everyone in the group can TR and level up at the same time.

- Normal Group: No requirements here.

- Starting players group:
        - Most active players and Officers should have a low level toon or character spot with a know prebuild toon to start playing quickly with a new applicant.
        - Also there should be a "beginning guide" in our forum for new players with useful links and such things.

- "majority of Premium/VIP players":
  - Most of us have invested real money on this game, so if a player wants to be F2P he/she "CAN be F2P but has to take into account that a Premium/VIP player wants to play other type of quests he bought with real money", so there will be a difference in this, and that doesn't have to raise any discussion or disappointment with the F2P player when few people wants to run F2P quests.
  - Another thing to take into account here is that F2P players have restrictions that doesn't let them enjoy the game fully, so this point affects the first one stated before about "enjoy/have fun".
  - F2P from the marketing point of view of DDO is something to let starting players have an experience/taste of the game in order to start paying for it around level 6-8, when the new player wants to continue having fun. This is not a bad thing is just a business strategy, you accept it or not.
  - We have to remember that P2P quests have: more fun, more difficult, better loot, lets you have a better character and so on.

- As a desired list packs/updates in the game, every guild integrant should have:
     - Most important desired packs:
        - Devil Assault
        - Delera's Tomb
        - Vault of Night
        - Demon Sands
        - Ruins of Gianthold
        - The Vale of Twilight
        - The Devils of Shavarath

- Optional
        - Litany of the Dead Part 4
        - MotU: When reaching level 20.

- Desired:
        - All or VIP

5- Guild Dismissal:
  - This can be done when one guild member
     - is acussed of not accomplishing guild rules.
     - Automatically when a member does not answer all the questions in the new application questionnaire.
  - This has to be done in an officers meeting with the leader by a majority of votes.

6- Guild Rules

The guild rules are:
- Guild Rules (Point 4 before)
- Guild Dismissal (Point 5 before)
- Complete the recruitment procces (Point 7 below).
- Any other thing you suggest or I'm missing.

7- Recruitment proccess and acceptance

There are some points that are not clear in https://vfguild.forumotion.com/t5-officer-guidelines#5 , so my suggestions are that there should be a recruitment process that is both "clear" to the guild member's and to the new applicant, with "clear things everyone shouldn't be disappointed"

The suggested recruitment process is like this:

1- The new applicant must have read the guild rules (the point 4 before) and agree with it.

2- When the new applicant "agrees" with the rules must he open an account in the forums.

3- The new applicant must answer a questionnaire (questions detailed later) about some things to know him/her better, how he/she thinks or reacts, and any other important thing related to the guild.

4- We must have an special guild forum section where the new candidate can write a new article answering the questions, and let the new applicant answer the questions.

5- When the new applicant answers the question he/she must be "automatically" added to the guild in the game, and know that he/she has a "temporary membership" to the guild until the application is accepted.

6- The new application must be "temporarily accepted", i dont know exactly the way, but lets say the same rules as the one wrote before:
  - "Must be approved to join by at least two additional members above the nominating member."

7- The new applicant must apply for the following rules for being a "permanent member":
 - Recruiting a new player into the guild requires the following guidelines be met:
     - Must be approved to join by at least two additional members above the nominating member
     - Must have run with the guild on at least two separate days
     - Must have run at least 3 non-raid quests with at least 3 guildies in the party.
     - Must have run at least 2 raid quests with at least 2 guildies in the party.

8-Application Questionnaire

1- Have you read the guild rules and agree with them?

2- Which type of player are you: F2P, P2P or VIP?

3- How long have you been playing DDO and how many characters you have? List your toon names.

4- Tell us something about your gaming story. Which games/on-line games have have you play? How did you start playing DDO?

5- A/L/S? Age?, Where are you from?, Male or Female?

6- Tell us something about your "real life" that you want/wish to share with us so we cant know you a bit more.

Dont know what else to add...=(

9- Guild Marketing
We are not making anything to get more people, like publishing in the ddo forums...in the guilds section.
That's it.
Comments and corrections expected..guys..
malbek
"No-! Not that way! No, damn kobolds, nooo!"
Guild Kobold-Wrangler
Guild Rules and New Members Default1

DDO Profile
: Malbek, Malbeka, Malbekina, Nyliah

Back to top Go down

Guild Rules and New Members Empty Re: Guild Rules and New Members

Post by Ibby Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:02 pm

I'll have to go over it all when I have a full monitor, keyboard, and text organization tools to work with, but it looks fairly solid.

We did do a few guild meetings in the past clarifying guild outlook and recruitment- the recruitment process we came up with should still be up in the appropriate part of these forums.

As far as guild outlook, we always left that purposefully vague- emphasizing teamwork, socialization, respect, and good will- and otherwise leaving it to any member to organize what specialized parties they wanted to run (with guild officers also coordinating weekly or biweekly raid runs).

Of course, that sort of freedom works best with active forum (calendar) use, and larger guild size. So active recruitment, and coordination over the forums should probably be emphasized most.
Ibby
Ibby
No Gnomes Here
Guild Punchbowl Director

DDO Profile
: Ibexi, Ibfugio, Ibruma, Ibshiko, Ibsis, Ibsolok, Teruka

https://vfguild.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by malbek Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:19 pm

I think you're right, my only purpose here is to clarify what to expect....
And this is what I wanted you guys to add here..

I think the only requisite/requirement (as you wrote Ibby): "teamwork, socialization, respect, and good will"....the rest is just something disposable...
malbek
"No-! Not that way! No, damn kobolds, nooo!"
Guild Kobold-Wrangler
Guild Rules and New Members Default1

DDO Profile
: Malbek, Malbeka, Malbekina, Nyliah

Back to top Go down

Post by Etchin Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:26 pm

malbek wrote:I think you're right, my only purpose here is to clarify what to expect....
And this is what I wanted you guys to add here..

I think the only requisite/requirement (as you wrote Ibby): "teamwork, socialization, respect, and good will"....the rest is just something disposable...

Well, Ibs and I are in talks about trying to get you access to the needed area of the forum that you mentioned not being able to see, as the material that you're asking about *is there* and has already been addressed. You just don't have access ATM. But we're working on it! =)

As always it's always up for any officer to nominate "reopening discussion" or redressing any guild-environment changes that warrant a "charter/requirements" update. (Also, kind of a secondary purpose of my other thread: https://vfguild.forumotion.com/t30-mia-guild-membersand-much-more) I kinda figured that it would be a good time to perhaps revisit some things, and update as necessary. IF necessary. But at least trying to make the effort to streamline matters/forum layout, and ease of everyone's participation, new/old/potential candidates alike. Wink
Etchin
Etchin
Man overboard!
Plankwalking Kobold

(Epic Mob)

DDO Profile
: Etchin, Kyraina, Lil'Pepe, Qwire, Righchusfury

Back to top Go down

Guild Rules and New Members Empty That's not the only problem...

Post by Etchin Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:32 pm

That's not the only problem we're having for what it's worth...

My profile (comments) don't appear to be updating for whatever reason...
As it should be reading:
Etchin (lvl25 tank), Straitshootn (lvl25 AA/Rog), Lil'Pepe (lvl25 pally tank), Kyraina (lvl24 CC wiz), Righchusfury (lvl 24 light monk), Qwire (lvl16 lightning sorc), Mezmerized (lvl12 bard), Pixelsmasher (lvl8 brain-damaged barb [though really. Is there any other kind??]) and a few bank mules (aka players in waiting)...

But compared to the left, it clearly isn't being updated. Mad

we're still working on some things!
Etchin
Etchin
Man overboard!
Plankwalking Kobold

(Epic Mob)

DDO Profile
: Etchin, Kyraina, Lil'Pepe, Qwire, Righchusfury

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibby Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:13 pm

Might be because you used [ ] brackets, they sometimes don't play well with such things. Try again without: the profile is an included plug-in, so there's only so much we can do with it if it is broken. Though, I used it on my D&D groups forum without issue, so it's probably just a formatting issue as I mentioned.
Ibby
Ibby
No Gnomes Here
Guild Punchbowl Director

DDO Profile
: Ibexi, Ibfugio, Ibruma, Ibshiko, Ibsis, Ibsolok, Teruka

https://vfguild.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down