Vanquished Fury
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updated: MIA Guild members...

2 posters

Go down

Updated: MIA Guild members... Empty Updated: MIA Guild members...

Post by Etchin Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:12 am

Ok! After referencing my old guild roster list (Ex-VF, pre-splits, etc), and trying to get the current roster updated, Here's the final tally.

Before I started trimming, there were 59 Active accounts (and current renown at lvl.72: 19,298,639). That means that (alt accounts in guild withheld) that we had a metric TON of leftover (and wholly unused) alts from previous members, that have been 'slowing our progress' and at the very least, not contributing towards our reknown in any positive way. I about fell over.

Maal, Phil, and others still had toons in VF, and were counting as active, but since they were obviously NOT flying VF colors, the were actively hurting us by not withdrawing those toons. So the rest of us have been making up for their lost input for WELL over a year (closer to two+yrs in several instances). So this very much needed to be done. Though it didn't make it any easier...I honestly feel that the net outcome will serve the remaining members very well.

We ended at 34 active accounts (and current renown at lvl.72: 19,088,411) by trimming anyone who has been MIA for the last 6 months or longer (and in addition cutting those toons that I know to be either Maal's, Phils, or others in previous VF incarnations that did not actively maintain a presence, or return.) I didn't get an alt list from Tjel, and Robo, so I tried to leave those be as well as I could. If I caught anyone's current toons in the crossfire, I apologize. Just let an officer know, and we'll be happy to rectify my mistake!

(Barring any skew from possible 'crossfire casualties') A net 'gain' of shedding 25 active accounts, with an initial loss of 210k guild renown. Again, there is not supposed to be any guild renown loss for daily operations until the 19th. So hopefully this gives us a jump start on minimizing our losses. Get all the renown you can over the next 10 days!!

Notables:
Megan's, Ibs, Hex (and hubby's) characters remain untouched. I did remove Trenchfoot (and his alt Gutbeard) since he's obviously not coming back (and was a newbie off the harbor IIRC.) Myje and Rajni were MIA for over 10 months and were removed as well.

Finally, on the officer status...and this is subject to change, but, I did trim the 'everyone's an officer' back with a couple of things in mind...
1. maintaining the primary known/'referred to' name (matching officer's toon)
-EG: Sky, Kerb, Beth, Etch, Mal, Ibs, Arri, etc

2. at least one secondary toon for each officer.
-so hopefully at least one officer is logged in on at any given time, in any given group, without having to log out, and then back in. I know that for some folks pc's/connections, this can be very inconvenient. So I did try to keep that in mind.

3. An officer is an officer on ALL toons. whether or not that toon is 'tagged' as such! This is just so that we can try and minimize the list of officers in the guild window, and hopefully make it easier for those in guild chat to figure out who's who.

4. I left the majority of my toons as officers (though demoted a couple), just so that chances would be high, if I was on, I would be on a toon that can help instantly. I would like to do the same for a successor. (But that's another thread yet to come, so be thinking about your nominations!!)
Etchin
Etchin
Man overboard!
Plankwalking Kobold

(Epic Mob)

DDO Profile
: Etchin, Kyraina, Lil'Pepe, Qwire, Righchusfury

Back to top Go down

Updated: MIA Guild members... Empty Re: Updated: MIA Guild members...

Post by Ibby Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:48 am

Ibfugio and Ibsis are my completionist toons (along with the one I eventually need to transfer in from Cannith), so they'll be the ones I'm on most, in the long run.

For name recognition, you could pick any but one, though ;D
I don't make things difficult, like SOME people ;P

Speaking of, this change makes it all the more vital we enforce the officer guideline of having all alts listed on the forums.

We should also point out that the Guild Officers tag at the bottom of the forum shows the complete list of officers.

Ooh, hey. It sucks you clarified the officer-on-all-toons bit. My plans of tantruming off on my healer just totally got ruined Sad
Ibby
Ibby
No Gnomes Here
Guild Punchbowl Director

DDO Profile
: Ibexi, Ibfugio, Ibruma, Ibshiko, Ibsis, Ibsolok, Teruka

https://vfguild.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Etchin Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:41 pm

Ibby wrote:Ooh, hey. It sucks you clarified the officer-on-all-toons bit. My plans of tantruming off on my healer just totally got ruined Sad
Well, the idea in mind with that was simple: The person earned the status. Not their toon. =P
So what I was getting at was, they're to be respected as such, regardless of which toon they happen to be on at the time!

It's not like 'you can't act like a 2yr old' just because you're an officer' (we all do at points, though some more than others =P lol). Although, we *do* prefer to at least *try* and keep those 'outbursts' within guild company that we know will receive it appropriately. lol
Etchin
Etchin
Man overboard!
Plankwalking Kobold

(Epic Mob)

DDO Profile
: Etchin, Kyraina, Lil'Pepe, Qwire, Righchusfury

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibby Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:24 pm

Well, after I finished my build respecs, it looks like Teruka is the only one NOT getting full TR treatment- yet.

As far as my healers'll go, just remember heals go to the people who die the funniest deaths.
So, hup hup, everyone into the lava.

Ibby
Ibby
No Gnomes Here
Guild Punchbowl Director

DDO Profile
: Ibexi, Ibfugio, Ibruma, Ibshiko, Ibsis, Ibsolok, Teruka

https://vfguild.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down